Monday, September 12, 2005

Russkaya Poslovitsa

Mom, Dad, Chaz and Claire all did the Kremlin today while I went to school and worked. By all accounts, they had an amazing – and exhausting – tour.

We went for dinner (minus a sick Claire) to GlavPivTorg, a high-end beer hall just out the back door of the former KGB headquarters. I had been there for lunch and liked it. Dinner, though, drastically exceeded my expectations in terms of quality, presentation, and taste. Truly wonderful food, and excellent service.

Chaz and I had a couple of shots of vodka before dinner. Then I ordered us a couple of beers – using a great Russian proverb. Something to the effect that vodka without beer is “money in the wind” – or a total waste. The waitress got a huge kick out of that, and kept asking us if we wanted more shots during the course of dinner. We politely declined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home