Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Oswego – A Beacon the World Over?

So far, I’ve met three people in Russia who have been to Oswego.

At dinner 2 weeks ago, a friend of a friend noted that he had been to Syracuse when I used it as a point of reference. When I told him that I was actually from Oswego, his face lit up. He works in Aluminum, and as a side trip from an official trade delegation he had visited the Alcan plant in Oswego and met the mayor and other representatives of the town.

Then, I was talking with my boss at work. He had driven through Oswego at Christmas time and noted that a couple of his wife’s friends had gone to school there.

Another colleague at work said that of course he knew where Oswego was. He did his graduate work at SUNY Albany and traveled all over the state.

Just when you think it’s a small world – it gets even smaller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home